Red For Ed in California
Resources for Educators and Community Allies
Get your red ready for our next #RedForEd Day of Action on February 15!
- #RedForEd Flyer for parents available here. Also in Spanish here.
- Tips for planning a walk-in
Oakland: Educators Prepare to Strike for their Students
Visit cta.org/RedForEdOakland for updates on the fight in Oakland for quality public education for every student. Take Action and send some solidarity to Oakland educators!
Richmond Teachers Call for Moratorium on Charter Schools Citing Need for Stronger Oversight, Transparency and Accountability
Los Angeles: UTLA’s Historic & Victorious Strikes of 2019
- Congratulations to UTLA public and charter educators for two victorious strikes in Los Angeles!
- UTLA announced a Tentative Agreement has been ratified by a super-majority of members.
- CTA’s statement on the historic victory: Los Angeles Students Face Brighter Future Thanks to Tentative Settlement Reached in UTLA Strike
- Photos from UTLA’s historic “Let the Sunshine in Rally”and CTA’s Statewide #RedForEd Day of Action on Friday, Jan. 18
- L.A. Students Win: UTLA reaches Tentative Agreement, California Educator
- 33,000 UTLA Educators Strike, California Educator
- L.A. Teachers’ Potential ‘Meta-Strike’ Reveals Battle Lines in U.S. Public Education War, Capital & Main
Why do we wear Red for Ed?
When we think about the promise of education today, we see the future leaders of our nation and the qualified educators who reach, teach and inspire them. We see classrooms with modern tools that help students prepare to make an impact on the world. We see students getting the support they need to thrive and educators having the support they need to serve.
We see progress and hope.
But today we also see budgets being cut, overcrowded classrooms and outdated materials. We see educators working around the clock to make a difference in the lives of their students and standing up to lawmakers to ask for better pay and school funding. We’re raising our voices together for our students, for our schools and for ourselves as educators.
That’s why we’re wearing Red for Ed.
Fighting for Our Students
Budget cuts and underfunding have made it harder for educators to prepare their students. Our students deserve better, and so do we. That’s why we push public officials to make funding decisions that better account for school needs.
Upholding Our Value
Students benefit from educators who know them by name, know their community and have a say in the policies that govern their schools. We must ensure that talented educators can afford to stay in the profession they love.
Advocating for Change
CTA and NEA gives educators a voice to advocate for the better pay, benefits and working conditions that have long been ignored. We deserve, and have earned, pay and benefits that match our expertise, education and professional experience.
Share on Social Media
- Join our Facebook Take Action group
- Use #RedForEd #RedForPublicED and #WeAreCTA on Twitter and Instagram
Sample Social Media Posts
Click to tweet→ I’m wearing #RedForEd today to support public education, our students and the teaching profession!
Click to tweet → We wear #RedForEd to support California teachers and educators across the country who are fighting for decent pay and the quality public education our students deserve! #WeAreCTA
Posters & Signs
News + Links
- NEA Red for Ed
- NEA Red for Ed Toolkit
- Here’s What Teachers Accomplished With Their Protests This Year
- The Economic Outlook for Millennials Is Bleak. Now They’re Unionizing in Record Numbers