We must stand together in a way that sends a strong message to policy makers that #enoughisenough.
March 24, 2018 – March for Our Lives
On March 24, the kids and families of March For Our Lives will take to the streets of Washington DC to demand that their lives and safety become a priority and that we end gun violence and mass shootings in our schools today.
- Register to vote!
- Find a March for Our Lives event near you
- Join the #MarchForOurLives on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
April 20, 2018 – NO MORE: National Day of Action Against Gun Violence in Schools
Join CTA and NEA on the National Day of Action Against Gun Violence in Schools. Every community’s response to this problem will be different, but we will all send the same message to our elected leaders: We can no longer tolerate inaction.
— California Teachers Association (@WeAreCTA) February 25, 2018
Record an #ArmMeWith Video
Educators are using the hashtag #ArmMeWith to propose other resources they would rather be armed with instead of guns. Submit your video story and/or print your sign to tell us what you would rather be armed with!
Share on Social Media
- CTA’s Statement and NEA’s Statement
- Share the poem, What a Teacher Needs (Hint: It’s NOT a Gun!) by CTA member, Tonya McQuade
- Read message from Network for Public Education
- Open letter to President Trump, Keep Guns Out of the Classroom: Allow Teachers to Teach