Innovative educators not only have the creativity to come up with great ideas, they also know how to execute – an equally important attribute of those who excel and give their students something special. Meet this year’s brilliant bunch:
- Jennifer Barry guides Special Ed students in work and life skills
- Sherinda Bryant teaches English through a social justice lens
- James Gensaw helps Native American youth connect to their culture
- Somphane Hunter creates community in the kitchen
- Daniel & Dennis Gibbs set a STEM career path for students
- Becky McKinney builds relationships; students learn NGSS along the way
- Juan Padilla‘s big idea brings science opportunity to all kids
- Jorge Perez creates an oasis of scientific excellence at community college
Know an innovator?
If there’s an educator we should know about, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include their name and chapter.
Educators can get their great ideas funded through CTA’s Institute for Teaching, which awards competitive grants for strength-based projects that improve schools and instruction. Apply at teacherdrivenchange.org.