CTA is proud to celebrate the 36th year of the CTA Human Rights Awards Program. The goal of the Awards Program is to promote the development of programs for the advancement and protection of human and civil rights and social justice issues within the Association.
Any active CTA Member, Chapter, Caucus or Service Center Council may submit nominations. Nominees must be an active CTA member. The nomination deadline is January 10, 2020.
Nominations are being accepted in the following areas:
ORGANIZATION AWARD CATEGORIES
- CTA Chapter Human Rights Award
- CTA Service Center Council Human Rights Award
INDIVIDUAL AWARD CATEGORIES
- American Indian/Alaska Native Human Rights Award in Honor of Jim Clark
- César Chávez “Sí Se Puede” Human Rights Award
- CTA Member Human Rights Award
- CTA Peace and Justice Human Rights Award
- Human Rights Award in Honor of Lois Tinson
- Human Rights Award for LGBTQ+ Advocacy in Honor of Nancy Bailey
- Pacific Asian American Human Rights Award
- Students with Exceptional Needs Human Rights Award
- Human Rights Award for Women’s Advocacy
Presentation of the 2020 Human Rights Awards will be made at the Equity and Human Rights Conference dinner on Feb. 29, 2020, at the Marriott Hotel in Irvine.
All award nominations must be submitted online at cta.org/HRNominationform on or before January 10, 2020.
Award criteria and additional information about the program can be found at cta.org/humanrightsawards. If you have any questions, please call the CTA Human Rights Department at 650-552-5313 or email email@example.com.