We asked California educators on Instagram: Why are you a CTA member?
Here are some of their responses.
1. Together we are stronger!
2. Because we stand in the frontlines of protecting and advocating for our students, fellow educators and public education.
3. Because I believe in the power of unions to make a strong middle class, and to fight for our students.
4. Not being a member is just too risky!
5. Unity with colleagues, liability insurance coverage and legal representation, to name a few!
6. Because our students deserve the best. Supporting my union is supporting our public schools.
7. Unionism has been ingrained in me since birth. I also believe in working together for success!
8. Because everyone needs a voice!
9. Because together we are stronger than apart.