Snapchat, a lighthearted, fun tool to interact with others and tell a story, is the most
popular social media platform among teens. It can be useful for educators, too. Some ways to incorporate it in and outside of class:
- Remind students of assignments and share relevant content. (One-way communication is allowed, so no need to add students for them to see your snaps.)
- Easily annotate text or draw on your snaps.
- Follow other snap-chatting educators to grow your professional learning network and see how they use Snapchat.
- Model digital citizenship. (Some students use Snapchat to send inappropriate photos/videos because they can disappear after a short time.)
- Let students create content and teach you how they use Snapchat.